My Health Team are proud providers and supporters of the NDIS
We are pleased to announce that we are a registered provider of allied health services to particapants who are registered with the NDIS and looking for services to support their health goals.
We have a wide range of services to assist in your rehabilitation and have clear access for wheelchair and mobility devices. We also provide these services in a home setting or educational centre as needed. See below for an outline of NDIS related services that we can provide.
Physiotherapy is an excellent service for clients with cerebral palsey, aquired brain injury (ABI), neurological conditions (Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzeimer's and other rare conditions) and much more. This service provides the physical hands-on therapy to assist in rehabilitating you to your goals. Our rehabilitation custom-built gym provides a great environment to provide you with comfortable and progressive treatment. We also provide the following services:
- Equipment presciption including braces and mobility devices
- Mobility assessments
- Pain management plans
- Contracture management and prevention
- Falls prevention and balance interventions
- Training with safe transfers for the client and carer
Occupational therapy assists you in overcoming limitations caused by injury, illness, physical impairment and the effects of aging. One of the main goals with occupational therapy is to promote independance within your own home. This service can help with:
- Falls prevention
- Assistance with activities of daily living (personal grooming, cooking, and household tasks)
- Pressure care
- Dementia support
- Prescription of equipment and mobility aids
- Home modifications such as ramps and rails
Our exercise physiologists provide you with safe, effective and individual exercise programs that promote independance and improved quality of life. Our rehahabilitation gym provides clients with a safe environment to perform exercise in a one on one setting. Exercise physiologists are wonderful at treating the following conditions:
- Diabetes management
- Obesity and weight management
- Hyperglycemia (Blood-Glucose management)
- Hypertension (Blood Pressure issues)
- Improved strength and conditioning
- Gaining more independance
Our new Lightspeed device (below) takes the weight off your joints and supports your weight so you can enjoy the benefits of cardio-vascular exercise without the risk of falling.
In addition with providing a full range of services, we are able to assist participants who have:
- Difficulty reaching their toes nail to cut. We provide general podiatry care to relieve discomfort and prevent pressure areas developing.
- Difficulty with lacing up shoes. We can provide assistance with securing medical grade footware with simple fastening devices to ease this burden.
- Poor circulation: We can supply and fit medical grade compression socks and hoseiry with participants with poor circulation.
- Abnormal walking patterns and associated foot deformity. We can supply custom designed orthotics and shoe inserts to improve your balance on your feet and all you to walk with more confidence.
Hydrotherapy / Aquatic Physiotherapy
We provide one on one exerice programs in a purpose-built hydrotherapy pool located in Redcliffe. With full wheelchair access and hoist availability, our physios and exercise physiologists will provide the necessary floatation safety to exercise and gain the benefits of hydrotherapy treatment. We provide all the equipment that gives the variation and appropriate prescription to get the most out of treatment.
Prefer us to come to you? We can provide all of our services to you in the comfort of your own home. We supply all the equipment necessary to get the most out of your appointment with us as well. This is a wonderful option for those who can't make it into our clinic.
Contact us now to make an appointment. We currently have no waitlists for any of our services. 07 3283 4949
If you have any questions feel free to either call us of fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.