- about Us
- My Clinic
- My Safe Workplace
- My Healthy Workplace
- My Aged Care
- Bald Hills Doctors
- Beachmere Medical Centre
- Burleigh Family Medical Centre
- Jacobs Well Medical Centre
- Lawnton Medical Centre
- Mediprac Beenleigh
- Mediprac Browns Plains
- Mediprac Logan
- Mediprac Regents Park
- Mediprac Windaroo
- Miami Village Medical Centre
- Narangba Doctors
- Red Edge Doctor Surgery
Group diabetes classes
The group diabetes class is a great way to stay fit and healthy. This class is fun, we have good old music playing and lots of the participants end up great friends.
There are 2 locations of the class
1. Globe Gym – 10 Classic Way, Burleigh Waters Qld (Next to the post office) (Add MAP and time below) Tuesday 11:00am – 12:00pm
2. Karma Fitness – 1/452 Gympie Road Strathpine(Add MAP and time below)
Thursday Week 1 and 2: 10:30am-11:30am and Thursday week 3-8: 11:30am – 12:30pm
Make an appointment with your GP at your doctos surgery for to get a referral to the My Health Team Diabetes class.
Lawnton – Reception will book you in for an Initial assessment to test your functional abilities.
Gold Coast – call Jennifer Glover on 0439 537 248 to book the assessment
You will have a one on one initial consult with the exercise physiologist. Then you can go and enjoy the classes!
• You will be given a diabetes information pack and exercise program
• 2 sessions with the dietitian (Lawnton Only)
• 6 sessions circuit style with the exercise physiologist (you will also be given a home exercise program)
• Sessions are 1 hour included is a warm up and warm down.
• All exercises have 3 -4 progressions and you will start at a suitable level to you
• $70for the 8 week program and Medicare cover the rest!
• Resistance band will be used $15 – this will also be used for the home exercise program
What to bring
• Closed in shoes
• Weekly exercise sheet
After completing the 8 week Program
• You will be encouraged to continue and buy a 10 class pass for $85 (If you have private health insurance you will get a rebate on this).
What you should expect from participating in the Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) class
• Studies show that exercise can help prevent T2DM and even reverse it!
• Improve control of blood sugar, reduce weight, decrease the risk of heart disease, and increase heart and lung function;
|For additional information, please|