- about Us
- My Clinic
- My Safe Workplace
- My Healthy Workplace
- My Aged Care
- Bald Hills Doctors
- Beachmere Medical Centre
- Burleigh Family Medical Centre
- Jacobs Well Medical Centre
- Lawnton Medical Centre
- Mediprac Beenleigh
- Mediprac Browns Plains
- Mediprac Logan
- Mediprac Regents Park
- Mediprac Windaroo
- Miami Village Medical Centre
- Narangba Doctors
- Red Edge Doctor Surgery
What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists, or AEPs, have undertaken a degree and clinical experience in exercise prescription for individuals with, or at risk of, chronic disease and for people with joint and muscle pain. They deliver specialised, individualised exercise programs and also help clients modify their lifestyle to maximise their health and well-being. Services an AEP may offer include:
- general health assessment
- personalised exercise and physical activity programs tailored to an individual’s personal goals and lifestyle
- advice on ways to increase physical activity and improve quality of life
- long-term assessment and modification of exercise programs to ensure an individual is able to progress and remain motivated and engaged
- group exercise classes
- liaison with the individual’s referring healthcare practitioner to ensure everyone works together as a team for maximum client benefit
- Injury Rehabilitation
Who is Exercise Physiology for?
Everyone! With the My Health Team, our AEPs have experience working with healthy individuals looking for general fitness improvement, as well as a broad range of conditions such as:
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Chronic pain
- Cardiovascular disease
- Depression and other psychological conditions
- Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Chronic musculo-skeletal injuries or recovery from injury/surgery
- Difficulty in maintaining exercise motivation and adherence
What can I get from Exercise Physiology?
One of the best parts about working with our AEP is that your program will be uniquely tailored to you! Your initial assessment will provide us information on your current fitness level, but more importantly allow us to determine what YOUR goals are and design a program to keep you motivated and engaged. We want to help you find the fun in fitness!
If you’ve been suffering with pain, don’t put up with it, see an exercise physiologist and start living a healthier and more functional life.
Our exercise physiologists work alongside the physiotherapists and dietitians to form a team to best meet your healthcare needs.
Jennifer Glover is a Gold Coast exercise physiologists who is able to prescribe home programs, as well as consulting from Burleigh Family Medical Practice, Jetts Fitness Centre Palm Beach and the Bay Islands.
Andrew Simpson is a Gold Coast exercise physiologist who specialises in weight management and shoulder rehabilitation.
Jessie Aspinall is a Brisbane based exercise physiologist and is experienced in chronic disease management and musculoskeletal rehabilitation
Dr Jena Buchan is a Gold Coast exercise physiologist who specialises in helping cancer sufferers not only get through their treatment but potentially improve prognosis with exercise therapy.
|For additional information, please|